American Investments in Turkey
A promising future is waiting for the foreign investment in Turkey: The US specially.
Turkey has always been a destination for those who want to enjoy civilization, culture, and nature. Also, because of its growing economy, Turkey has become a destination for foreign investors, and the United States is one of the ten most investing countries in it.
Why are Americans investing in Turkey?
The real estate investment in Turkey by foreigners reached 189 thousand properties between 2015 and 2020. Over the last three years, the United States has been among the twenty most nationalities seeking real estate investment in Turkey.
According to the Turkish Statistical Institute, the number of apartments bought by foreign investors from the United States was 658 apartments in 2019, and 623 apartments in 2020. Plus, it reached 1014 apartments between January to September 2021. Then, why are Americans seeking investment in Turkey?
One of the reasons to invest in Turkey is the facilities provided by the Turkish government to encourage real estate investment in its lands, like the Turkish real estate law. According to Turkish real estate law number 2644 article 35, foreign individuals and companies are allowed to buy and own properties in Turkey. Another facility could be the VAT exemption for those who have their first investment in Turkey.
Indicators about promising future for foreign investment in Turkey
Turkey is always offering new chances to attract foreign investors, as it is one of the most welcoming countries to new investments in its lands. This could be shown in the positive impact on its economy. Since 2003, Turkey has attracted 165 billion dollar foreign direct investments.
Meanwhile, the real estate investment market in Turkey is growing rapidly and full of promises. Last year (2020), the real estate market in Turkey attracted a 4.4 billion dollar investment equivalent to 57% of the total inflow of foreign direct investment in Turkey which was 7.8 billion dollars. This could be because of the facilities Turkey put to encourage foreign investors like:
Getting Turkish nationality: when you own and invest in real property in Turkey, you will not only get good profits ( more than 20% after 3 years of buying the property), but also you will be able to get Turkish nationality if your property's price was 250,000 dollar at least.
You can get resident permission easily: The Turkish government gives resident permission easily to those who own property on its lands, and their families also ( wife and children under 18 years old). The resident permission will allow the investors, besides living in Turkey, to export furniture and vehicles and establish companies in Turkey.
These indicators promise a good and safe real estate investment future.
Exploring Dubai's Real Estate Wonderland
Welcome to the dazzling world of Dubai's real estate market! Whether you're dreaming of a luxury apartment overlooking the marina or a cozy villa in the suburbs, Dubai's property scene is as diverse as it is dynamic. This guide isn't just a bunch of numbers and laws; it's your personal roadmap to understanding and navigating this exciting market.
Can I Really Own a Piece of Dubai?
- Foreigners Welcome: Let’s start with the good news – yes, you, as a foreigner, can own property in Dubai! Imagine having your own space in iconic areas like Palm Jumeirah or Downtown Dubai.
- Full Ownership, No Strings Attached: And guess what? You get to own 100% of your property. No need for a local partner – it's all yours!
The Buzz About Dubai’s Property Market
- Why Everyone's Talking: Apartment prices went up by nearly 9% last year. That's the biggest jump since 2014! Clearly, people are loving Dubai real estate.
- Big Piece of the Economic Pie: Property isn't just buildings and land in Dubai; it's a thriving sector that's booming like never before.
Show Me the Money – Investment Returns
- What’s in It for You?: How does an average ROI of 5-9% sound? That's what you're looking at in Dubai.
- Where to Invest for the Best Returns: If you're looking for the best bang for your buck, places like Dubai Sports City and Silicon Oasis are your go-to spots.
What’s Next for Dubai's Property Scene?
- Luxury in the Limelight: The crème de la crème of Dubai’s property market is its luxury segment. If you've got an eye for the finer things, this is where you should be looking.
- Rentals Rising: Planning to rent out your property? You might be looking at a sweet 3% increase in rents next year.
Your Guide to the Best Neighbourhoods
- Fair and Square Deals: Worried about overpaying? Dubai's property prices are considered fair-valued. That's a relief!
- Top Spots for Property Hunters: From the bustling streets of Business Bay to the serene sands of Palm Jumeirah, we’ve got the inside scoop on where to buy.
Nitty-Gritty of Buying Property
- Freehold Freedom: Yes, in many neighbourhoods, you can own your property outright. Hello, freedom!
- Understanding the Costs: Let's talk about what it costs to buy property here – there are some fees, but we'll break them down for you:
In Dubai, the costs of purchasing property include a 4% Transfer Fee and a Registration Fee. The Transfer Fee, which is typically 4% of the property's value, is usually split equally between the buyer and the seller. This rate may vary in different emirates, with Abu Dhabi having a Transfer Fee of 2%.
So, there you have it – a whirlwind tour of Dubai's property market. Whether you're an investor with an eye on returns or a dreamer looking to call Dubai home, there's something here for everyone.
Palestinian Property Ownership in Turkey 2023: A Comprehensive Guide
Many Palestinians are keen to understand the possibilities and conditions of owning properties in Turkey. This article provides an in-depth look at Palestinian property ownership in Turkey for 2023, considering the latest laws and updates.
What’s New in Palestinian Property Ownership in Turkey?
- Palestinians are entitled to own properties in Turkey under specific conditions, as per Turkish legislation.
- These conditions include holding a Palestinian Authority passport or other specified passports.
- The property area allowed for ownership can extend up to 30 hectares.
Available Property Types for Ownership:
- Residential apartments.
- Luxury villas.
- Commercial shops.
- Offices and warehouses.
Necessary Conditions for Property Ownership:
- Approval from the Turkish Ministry of Interior.
- A valid residence permit.
Required Documents for Ownership:
- Tax number.
- Valid passport.
- Residence permit copy.
- Personal photos.
- Payment receipt for property fees.
Benefits of Property Ownership in Turkey for Palestinians:
- Tax exemptions.
- Eligibility for Turkish citizenship with a property purchase of $400,000.
- Opportunity to obtain a real estate residence.
- Opportunities to establish various investment projects.
- Option to purchase properties on installment.
Real Estate Residence and Turkish Citizenship:
- Purchasing a property worth $200,000 qualifies for a short-term real estate residence.
- Purchasing a property worth $400,000 qualifies for Turkish citizenship.
Baytii Real Estate Consultations: For more information and consultations on property ownership in Turkey for Palestinians, connect with the Baytii team for comprehensive support and up-to-date information.
Discover the renovation projects in Türkiye
Renovation projects in Turkey, particularly in the city of Istanbul, are developmental priorities that draw significant attention due to the city’s strategic location and its civilizational and historical importance. Istanbul extends over vast areas of distinctive land, with the Bosphorus being one of the city's most prominent geographical features, making the areas around it a magnet for tourists and a center for premium services and housing.
Recently, Istanbul has experienced a notable expansion beyond the borders of the Bosphorus surroundings, where Ataturk Airport was previously situated, creating a disparity in neighbourhood quality, ranging from aristocratic to less organized communities. Over time, these latter areas have become disorganized and a haven for gangs and lawbreakers.
Istanbul is seismically active, which necessitates that concerned authorities take decisive preventative measures. The most important of these is the construction of residential infrastructure capable of withstanding earthquakes, which is significantly lacking in older buildings.
In response to these challenges, the Turkish government has adopted an ambitious plan to rehabilitate these areas, relying on partnerships with investors and real estate developers under government supervision and incentives. The plan includes:
1- Allowing the real estate developer to transform a small building into a residential tower with more than ten floors.
2- Exempting the developer from paying for the land, with the responsibility of covering demolition and reconstruction costs only.
3- Providing new apartments within the tower for the original residents, with the possibility of selling additional housing units for profit.
4- Exempting the real estate developer from government taxes.
5- Exempting investors in reconstruction projects from taxes related to registration and value-added tax.
To protect the rights of original residents and investors, the Turkish government has set out a series of conditions and standards that real estate developers must adhere to in order to obtain the necessary permits for reconstruction projects. These conditions include:
- The real estate developer must have completed residential projects of similar or larger scale.
- Full reconstruction costs must be deposited into a state-guaranteed account, allowing the developer to withdraw funds gradually with each successfully completed construction phase.
- Provision of alternative housing for the original residents during construction until the delivery of new apartments.
These projects represent some of the most important investment opportunities in Turkey, with clear results as seen in the transformation of the Kadiköy district from a slum into one of the most beautiful areas in Istanbul and the world in a relatively short time.
These projects underscore the vital role that reconstruction can play in improving the quality of urban and social life, reinforcing Istanbul's position as a modern city that embraces heritage while keeping pace with progress.
You need to be logged in to comment